Friday, April 4, 2014

Simple DIY Calendar

Dry-Erase Calendar

Some time ago I created a really cool calendar for my classroom. The problem with buying the pre-made calendars where you can velcro on the days is that you can't write down special events, student's birthday, state testing window and so on. Plus I wanted something practical that the students and I can use for middle school. 

So… I bought a decent size dry-erase white board from Target, two rolls of Washi tape and created this! 


I measured my board longest side first and divide it by 7 (obviously for seven days in the week) and then went back and mark the measurements on the board with dry-erase marker. Then I created a two-inch space on the top straight across to write Sunday-Saturday. After that, I again measured from that line to the bottom of the board and divide it by 5 (for the weeks) and marked the increments with the dry-erase markers. 

Simple! 

Voila!



No comments:

Post a Comment